Re: 8.3.7 Windows Update Error

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3.7 Windows Update Error
Date: 2009-03-25 20:13:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Richard Broersma
<richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>
>>> Q2)  Is integer timestamps becoming the new default from the previous
>>> floating point data type?
>>
>> My guess is that your previous install was from the community MSI
>> installer, and not the one-click one. Could that be it?
>
> Thanks guys!
>
> Yes this is correct.  I am now downloading the community version.  I
> am curious why the community version isn't the first choice listed in
> the PostgreSQL download page.  (Not that it really matters which
> version is listed first.)

They're both packaged by exactly the same community member. The
one-click installer is listed first because it's easier to use and
shields the user from many of the more advanced features in the MSI
installer that some people find confusing.

--
Dave Page