Re: Server Status window work

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-01-08 15:23:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> I suppose the cool functionality is wxAUI_NB_TAB_SPLIT :)

Yep.

> Actually, I find this great. It works nice on Mac OS X, but I disabled
> it on v2 because it crashes the linux build. Perhaps I did something
> wrong but even the auidemo sample from wxGTK crashes.
>
> (re-enables the "cool functionality", so crashes a lot on my laptop)

Oh, rats. I hate getting my hands dirty on wxGTK :-(

> You mean, to have a close box only on the active tab? (aka
> wxAUI_NB_CLOSE_ON_ACTIVE_TAB)

Yes.

> With the perspective code, yes. I need to better understand it to code
> it for the server status window.

It's pretty simple really - you've got most of it, just the toggle
functions to add to switch things on or off via the menu. We also used
to add event handlers for OnSize and OnEraseBackground to fix some
display issues, but I'm not sure if thats still a problem with moden
versions of wxWidgets.

Some comments on the patch:

- The form setup code is a pretty large hunk of code. Can we get some
more comments and blank lines in there to break things up a little?
- The form underneath the AUI controls seems to have some drawing
issues on XP. The refresh bar is just about unusable for example.

Thats about it for the moment - nothing too serious.

BTW, any idea why we use a listctrl to display the log? Any thoughts
on changing it to a text area?

--
Dave Page