Re: New software catalog fails (why are we spelling it "catalogue"?)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New software catalog fails (why are we spelling it "catalogue"?)
Date: 2008-06-11 15:26:39
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> Rats. That happens because *%*£$% MediaWiki insists on re-casing names
> so we had to make the logon code case-insensitive. You need to logon
> using the same casing as we have stored in the database to satisfy the
> foreign key. Meanwhile, I'll be fixing up the code to try to handle
> that....

For the benefit of those interested in this sort of thing, I've fixed
this by having community_logon() return the userid as found in the
database rather than as the user entered, so subsequent code finds it
with the correct casing. The userid parameter was already declared
INOUT so 'twas a simple change.

--
Dave Page