Re: New software catalog fails (why are we spelling it "catalogue"?)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New software catalog fails (why are we spelling it "catalogue"?)
Date: 2008-06-11 14:53:17
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> wrote:

> Just tried out the new "Submit Product" form and got a
> SQL error:
>
> ===
> Error communicating with database: ERROR: insert or update on
> table "products" violates foreign key constraint
> "products_contact_fkey" DETAIL: Key (contact)=(Greg) is not
> present in table "users".
> ===

Rats. That happens because *%*£$% MediaWiki insists on re-casing names
so we had to make the logon code case-insensitive. You need to logon
using the same casing as we have stored in the database to satisfy the
foreign key. Meanwhile, I'll be fixing up the code to try to handle
that....

Oh, and it's 'catalogue' because that's how catalogue is spelt. In
English. In England. If you broke the spelling on your side of the
pond then that's your look out :-p

--
Dave Page