Re: pgsql-committers list is misconfigured

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql-committers list is misconfigured
Date: 2008-03-20 21:21:43
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Alvaro Herrera

> Also, I sent an email with a fake @pgfoundry.org address this morning,
> and it passed without requiring moderator approval. Also, I added a
> X-No-Archive header to avoid having the test message appearing on the
> archives, but to no effect -- the message is there all right:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-03/msg00393.php

I'm not sure that we actually honour that header.

> I think the idea here is that any pgfoundry.org address passes through
> unmolested to allow the pgfoundry projects to publish their changes to
> pgsql-committers. I think this is a mistake, and others have vouched
> against this idea too (most notably Peter Eisentraut.)

No, this is entirely intentional.

> Finally, and what prompted this test message, was the fact that Heikki
> committed a patch this morning and his message got stuck in the
> moderation queue. I wonder how smart it is to be letting @pgfoundry.org
> mails unchecked, but have @postgresql.org addresses filtered ... ??

We only add postgresql.org addresses very occasionally, but pgFoundry
committers may be added much more frequently and without our
knowledge.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com