Re: additional info needed to list 'data slab' as a postgresql service provider?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Jeff MacDonald" <jam(at)zoidtechnologies(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: additional info needed to list 'data slab' as a postgresql service provider?
Date: 2008-02-19 15:46:35
Lists: pgsql-www

On Feb 19, 2008 3:28 PM, Jeff MacDonald <jam(at)zoidtechnologies(dot)com> wrote:
> greetings,
>
> some time ago I filled out the "new service provider" form on postgresql.org
> for a "virtual private server" provider called "data slab".

Basically it was rejected partly because there was virtually no info
about the company provided, but most importantly, VPS's on which you
may install PostgreSQL are not something we want to list - it's
essentially no different to a high street retailer wanting a listing
because they sell PC's on which you could also install PostgreSQL if
you wanted.

Now if the listing were to offer pre-installed VPS's with
PG+Apache+PHP, and there was specific support for that software
combination (or some similar set of technologies), then it would
qualify. Note that we also expect such support to be mentioned on the
companies website.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company