Re: New sequence in 1.8.1

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "Andy Shellam" <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New sequence in 1.8.1
Date: 2008-01-18 15:44:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 15/01/2008, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> >> Unless you can make the sequence combo of any use (e.g. to change the
> >> default sequence used when creating the column) I'd say get rid of it!
> >
> > Thanks Andy. Any more opinions before I start pulling code?
> >

> Getting rid of it seems better to me.

OK, I've pulled it out completely. The only thing it did that you
couldn't do yourself by editing the column default value directly was
create the sequence at the same time and attempt to create the correct
dependency information in the catalogs. That only worked if you were a
superuser though, and as we've found, the whole thing only worked if
you edited an existing table in one particular way.

Anyhoo, it would be good if this could be tested some more in the next
day or - I can send you a Win32 binary if you like Andy?

Thanks, Dave