Re: pg_dump oid problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: steve <steve(at)jlajla(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump oid problems
Date: 2001-10-11 04:45:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

steve <steve(at)jlajla(dot)com> writes:
> When trying to pg_dump on 7.1.2 (& 7.1.3) I get the following error
> message:

> bash-2.04$ pg_dump dwh
> getTables(): SELECT (for PRIMARY KEY NAME) failed for table nlcdmp.
> Explanation from backend: ERROR: dtoi4: integer out of range

> Several of my tables have very large OIDs (over 4 billion in some cases

Hmm. Okay, I think I can see how over-2-gig OIDs might lead to that
error message, but that doesn't really help in tracking down the specific
location of the problem. Could you run pg_dump after doing
export PGOPTIONS="-d2"
so that its queries get sent to the postmaster log? Then looking at the
log to see the last couple of queries before the failure should tell us.