Re: Debug contrib/cube code

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Nick Raj <nickrajjain(at)gmail(dot)com>, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debug contrib/cube code
Date: 2011-05-13 17:13:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Nick Raj <nickrajjain(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Can you throw some light on how to debug contrib/cube code?

> On my system, if I configure --enable-debug, the contrib modules are
> compiled with debug support as well.

Depending on what platform you're using, it may be hard to get
breakpoints in dynamically loaded modules to work. On many platforms it
helps to make sure that the module is loaded before you attach to the
backend process with gdb. To do that, you can either call one of its
functions, or just do a manual LOAD command.