Re: bug message not CC'ing poster

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bug message not CC'ing poster
Date: 2004-03-18 15:46:01
Lists: pgsql-www

> I just got this email from the bugs list:
> [BUGS] BUG #1107: Missing feature: interval <-> numeric quantity conversion
> The email had the bugs list as a reply, but no entry for the original
> poster. I had to copy his email address from the email body into the
> CC. Is the bug form posting configured properly?

This has been complained of before. It used to be that the bug form
sent mail with the submitter shown in the From: line. Lately it is
producing mail From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
which is really quite useless. It'd be nice to get back to the old
behavior so you don't have to hand-hack the headers of your reply.