BLOBS

From: "Freddy Villalba Arias" <fvillalba(at)madrid(dot)bilbomatica(dot)es>
Subject: BLOBS
Date: 2004-04-26 10:49:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I'm a newbie to PostgreSQL and I'd like to hear some "insight" info
about the "bytea" data type (preferably from people that have actually
used them). From what I've read so far (online docs), it doesn't seem to
be that similar to the BLOB data type specified by SQL standard (for
instance, Oracle's BLOB).

(1) Does the JDBC driver handle all the peculiarities described on the
docs?

(2) Has somebody worked both with PostgreSQL and Oracle (independently)?
Are there many differences between BLOBs through JDBC on either DBMS?

Thanks in advance.

Freddy.

  • Re: BLOBS at 2004-04-26 15:54:29 from David Wall