Return cursor

From: alla(at)sergey(dot)com (Alla)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Return cursor
Date: 2001-05-23 18:20:14
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

I am porting our database from Oracle to PostgreSQL

I know quite a lot about Oracle and pretty much nothing about
PostgreSQL :-))

I have a lot of stored procedures in Oracle that return result sets or
cursor. All I have to do there is open a cursor and calling
application can just fetch it

Is there anyway to do the same thing in PostgreSQL?

Please, help. So far I could not find anything

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you can provide

Alla Gribov
alla(at)sergey(dot)com
The greatest programming project of all took six days. On the seventh
day the programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the thing ever
since. Moral: design before you implement.