Re: recover corrupted pg_controldata from WAL

From: "Brusser, Michael" <Michael(dot)Brusser(at)matrixone(dot)com>
To: yuanjia lee <yuanjia_pg(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: recover corrupted pg_controldata from WAL
Date: 2005-07-21 13:15:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I can't contribute with any technical advice, but as a user I had to resort
to using pg_resetxlog few times.

I wonder if it is possible to make it more user-friendly. It was never clear
to me whether it was sufficient to run it

without any arguments, and if not what these arguments should be.

Perhaps at the minimum the -help option could be extended?

Thank you,

Mike

_____