8.0RC1 tomorrow

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: 8.0RC1 tomorrow
Date: 2004-12-02 17:08:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The core committee has agreed that it's about time to advance to Release
Candidate status (which we define as "code is frozen, but not docs nor
message translation work"). Barring surprises, 8.0RC1 will be wrapped
tomorrow (Friday).

We never really issued a "call for port reports" as has been past
practice. I think that Andrew Dunstan's build farm has partially
obsoleted that custom, but if you have access to a platform that
is not represented in the build farm, please do give it a try soon.