server crash

From: "Medora Schauer" <mschauer(at)fairfield(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: server crash
Date: 2004-11-09 16:01:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

OS: linux 2.4.18

h/w: moto 5100 SBC

PG: 7.3

We have a recurring problem with the pg server crashing. It doesn't
happen often (once every couple of months or so) but we require 24/7 up
time. Attached is the pg.log from the last time it crashed. The stuff
towards the end seems to indicate some kind of serious problem but
beyond that it means little to me. I'm hoping it will be more
meaningful to someone on this list. Suggestions about how to obtain
more information would also be welcome.

Is there any way to get timestamps in the log file? It would be helpful
to know which of the messages are related in a time sense at least.

Is there a description of the various postmaster debug levels? I might
try upping the level but since the crash doesn't happen very often I
would be helpful if I knew which level would yield the most useful
information without clogging the file with unneeded detail.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Medora Schauer

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg.log.sav application/octet-stream 20.2 KB