Re: postgresql 8 abort with signal 10

From: Alexandre Biancalana <biancalana(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql 8 abort with signal 10
Date: 2005-05-03 16:36:13
Lists: pgsql-general

>>You need to find out what's triggering that. Turning on query logging
>>would be a good way of investigating.

Which directives can I use to enable this ?
debug_print_parse ? debug_print_rewritten ? debug_print_plan ?
debug_pretty_print ?

>>Rather large, shared buffers for a machine with only 1 gig of ram. 640
>>Meg of RAM means the kernel is basically double buffering everything.
>>have you tested with smaller settings and this setting was the best?

I had 256 of RAM then I increase to 1GB thinking this could be a
problem of out of memory or a buggy memory...... After this "upgrade"
I increase the numbers of shared buffers,etc

It's important to say that the max memory usage reach to only 80%.

What values do you suggest ?

>>You might want to look in your signal man page on BSD and see what
>>signal 10 means. On solaris it's a bus error. Not a clue what it is in
>>FreeBSD myself though.

FreeBSD man page say: 10 SIGBUS

The system does not generate core dump file for this error.....

Regards,