Installing Multiple Versions

From: "Rod MacNeil" <rmacneil(at)interactdirect(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installing Multiple Versions
Date: 2005-02-03 17:42:50
Lists: pgsql-admin
I have a need to install multiple versions on my linux box (7.1.2 & 7.4.x on FC3). Both will be installed from source. I know that they will need separate install and data directories and use sepearate ports. My question is about the libraries. I usually put their location in ld.so.conf. Do both of the library directories go in ld.so.conf (and in which order) or just the most recent version?

Rod MacNeil

NOTE: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Simon RiggsDate: 2005-02-04 05:29:36