Wrong SQLSTATE returned?

From: Babak Asadi <basadi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wrong SQLSTATE returned?
Date: 2005-06-04 18:17:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'm using ADO to connect to my PostgreSQL instance. When I use a
SELECT statement that references a non-existent column in an existing
table I get a SQLSTATE error S1000 code with native error code 7.

I should note that the error description that ADO returns is "column
'mycolymn' does not exist" with a generic ADO unknown error code.

Am I not supposed to get a SQLSTATE code of: 42703 UNDEFINED COLUMN?

Thanks,
Babak