Re: Restore problem

From: Alban Hertroys <dalroi(at)solfertje(dot)student(dot)utwente(dot)nl>
To: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restore problem
Date: 2010-12-29 12:18:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 29 Dec 2010, at 7:54, Alan Hodgson wrote:

>> I'll look at that - I'm also looking at something called Vim
>> http://www.vim.org/download.php
>
> vim is an excellent open source text editor. Which may fix your problem if
> it's related to line endings.

Learning Vim is probably time well-spent, but until you do it's probably not that good a tool for fixing your problem.

Although Vim is indeed a very powerful editor, it's not particularly easy to use. Unlike your usual editors like Notepad and friends, it's a command-based editor, meaning you have to execute a command before you can input or change data. It's an entirely different paradigm than what you're probably used to (I may assume wrongly here).

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4d1b2723802651509919126!