Re: Event coverage on website

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Event coverage on website
Date: 2007-07-26 23:13:24
Lists: pgsql-www

On Jul 25, 2007, at 2:08 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:13:48AM -0700, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> Is there anywhere on the site that has coverage of past events? ISTM
>> there should be...
>
> We don't.
>
> What are you referring to? An archive of what's listed under
> events, or you
> mean actual texts about the events?
>
> As for archive of listed events, I'm not really sure how it helps. But
> since you're Nasby, you probably have a use-case for it?
>
> If you mean texts about them, we generally have archives at the
> event sites
> and planetpostgresql.org - not sure what we'd migrate. Though I notice
> conference.postgresql.org is still down and has been for a long time -
> perhaps we should just remove the DNS record for it if it's not
> going to be
> used?

In this case, I wanted photos from the conferences; particularly the
group photos. Luckily, Flicr and Berkus came to the rescue there.

But we should also keep things like presentations and what-not
available. I know conferences have their own websites, but ISTM we
should at least link to them from somewhere on PostgreSQL.org.

The other thing I wanted was general advocacy items, such as graphics
I could use. Likewise, it would be good to have a single collection
of advocacy presentations that are available for use.
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net