Re: [GSoC08]some detail plan of improving hash index

From: "Gregory Williamson" <Gregory(dot)Williamson(at)digitalglobe(dot)com>
To: "Greg Smith" <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GSoC08]some detail plan of improving hash index
Date: 2008-05-20 09:46:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Smith wrote

> On Fri, 16 May 2008, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
> > For a hard-core benchmark, I'd try EAStress (SpecJAppserver Lite)
>
> This reminds me...Jignesh had some interesting EAStress results at the
> East conference I was curious to try and replicate more publicly one day.
> Now that there are some initial benchmarking servers starting to become
> available, it strikes me that this would make a good test case to run on
> some of those periodically. I don't have a spare $2K for a commercial
> license right now, but there's a cheap ($250) non-profit license for
> EAStress around. That might be a useful purchase for one of the PG
> non-profits to make one day though.

I (an individual, not me ex-cathedra) could pony up the geld for such a license if it is useful; let me know if so and where to do so.

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
DigitalGlobe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)