Re: multimaster

From: "Alexander Staubo" <alex(at)purefiction(dot)net>
To: "Tino Wildenhain" <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
Cc: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multimaster
Date: 2007-06-04 12:18:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On 6/4/07, Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de> wrote:
> Did you have a look at BizgresMPP?
>
> Especially for your shared-nothing approach it seems to be a better
> solution then just replicating everything.

I had completely forgotten about that one. Bizgres.org seems down at
the moment, but looking at their whitepaper, the architecture looks
similar to that of pgpool-II; from what I can see, you connect through
a proxy that transparently partitions data across multiple PostgreSQL
database instances, and then queries them in parallel and merges the
query results. Looks promising.

Alexander.