Status of setQueryTimeout

From: "Mackay, Scott" <scott(dot)mackay(at)progeny(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Status of setQueryTimeout
Date: 2010-12-09 12:09:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi there, I currently am using postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc.jar and had a question about the PreparedStatement.setQueryTimeout().
I finally got around to looking at the latest releases because I wanted to get access to the generate key result sets for inserts so I downloaded the 9 and then the 8.4 releases. While it seemed to work in 8.2-504, none of the later releases seemed to accept the method, indicating the method is not implemented. Was there something wrong with the original setQueryTimeout or was it something that had to be taken out due to design changes? Looking at the current provided releases I saw there was a 8.2.511 and that also seemed to accept the setQueryTimeout.

-Scott