Re: Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non-PostgreSQLable machines

From: dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com (Mike Castle)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non-PostgreSQLable machines
Date: 2002-04-21 21:25:44
Lists: pgsql-general

In article <m3wuv32wp5(dot)fsf(at)varsoon(dot)wireboard(dot)com>,
Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com> wrote:
>Nope. You're either going to have to port the libraries to NetWare
>(which might not be too hard) or write a "pure Perl" implementation of
>DBD::Pg (one that speaks the backend protocol directly rather than
>using the libraries). The former is almost certainly less work. I
>know there was someone on -hackers working on a NetWare port; you
>might want to search the archives for that list.

The JDBC driver is a pure Java implementation, correct?

Would that be a decent enough starting place for a pure Perl version?

mrc
--
Mike Castle dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/
We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan. -- Watchmen