Question about 8-byte datatypes

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question about 8-byte datatypes
Date: 2006-09-05 10:16:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is int8 a passed-by-value data type on 64-bit platforms? How do we arrange for
that to be the case? I don't see any magic in pg_type.h but I'm not sure what
I'm looking for.

I'm asking because I have another 8-byte data type I want to use and it would
be nice to have that same property, assuming we have it for int8.

--
Gregory Stark