Re: libpq URI and regression testing

From: Alex <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq URI and regression testing
Date: 2012-04-18 21:13:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>>> That's one reason for that, but there are probably others in the way of
>>> making this fully portable and automatable.
>
> This test setup also appears to labor under the illusion that we live
> in a Unix-only world. And for no good reason that I can tell. The
> shell script should be ripped out and replaced by a perl script which
> could actually be used on any windows build host. The MSVC build
> system also needs adjusting to make it build the test driver, at
> least.

Good catch. Attached is my first take at writing Perl: replaces the
shell script, adds $libpq_uri_regress project to Mkvcbuild.pm.

I don't have access to a win32 box unfortunately, so if anyone who does
could try this out that'd be great.

--
Regards,
Alex

Attachment Content-Type Size
uri-regress-rewrite.patch text/x-patch 4.3 KB