uuids on freebsd

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: uuids on freebsd
Date: 2008-12-17 19:30:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Has anyone ever managed to get uuid generation working on FreeBSD?
There seems to be no way to build contrib/uuid-ossp successfully,
and no apparent agreement anywhere as to whether this is problem
with pg or with the misc/ossp-uuid port.

(I tried this, without success, a couple of weeks back in response to
a question on IRC. The only solution I could come up with was to knock
off a quick uuid-freebsd module that uses the base system uuid
functions rather than the ossp ones. I could put this on pgfoundry if
there isn't likely to be a real fix in the near future.)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)