Re: Open Source CRM - Options?

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Chris Browne" <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Source CRM - Options?
Date: 2008-05-28 18:32:41
Lists: pgsql-general

"Chris Browne" <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org> writes:

> RT has a very different purpose; it was designed to track work (e.g. -
> "work tickets"), as opposed to managing web site content.
>
> It *might* be used as a bug tracker, though with a considerably
> different flavour from (say) Bugzilla; as a CRM, it would be pretty
> unsuitable :-(.

FWIW I think you guys are using CRM to mean something very different from its
usual meaning. A trouble ticket tracking system like RT is pretty much
precisely what is normally referred to as a CRM. What you seem to be referring
to is some subset of CMS, I don't know of any specific name for this kind of
system.

--
Gregory Stark