Re: CUBE SYNTAX

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "ABHANG RANE" <arane(at)indiana(dot)edu>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CUBE SYNTAX
Date: 2007-05-29 10:41:14
Lists: pgsql-general

"David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org> writes:

> On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 01:23:48PM -0400, ABHANG RANE wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I need to use the cube operator in postgresql 8.2. Whats the syntax
>> for the cube or a link to the documentation which clearly explains
>> how to use cube operator syntactically.
>
> There is a contrib module for cube.
>
> <http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/cube/>

I think that's a different meaning of "cube". I think what he's looking for is
the query clause which is like ROLLUP except that it does it on every possible
axis. It's normally used in reporting tools.

If that's what you're looking for then afaik there's no module to do this in
Postgres. Sorry.

--
Gregory Stark