Re: Getting time-dependent load statistics

From: Torsten Bronger <bronger(at)physik(dot)rwth-aachen(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting time-dependent load statistics
Date: 2009-02-20 21:17:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hallöchen!

Torsten Bronger writes:

> [...] Currently, I experiment with
>
> SELECT tup_returned + tup_fetched + tup_inserted + tup_updated +
> tup_deleted FROM pg_stat_database WHERE datname='chantal';

Stangely, the statistics coming out of it are extremely high. I
just dumped my database with the built-in tool of my web framework
and got approximately 50 times as many row accesses from the command
above as I have objects in my database. The dump routine of my web
framework may do redundant things but not at this extent ...

Tschö,
Torsten.

Jabber ID: torsten(dot)bronger(at)jabber(dot)rwth-aachen(dot)de