Re: MySQL Gemini code

From: Adrian Phillips <adrianp(at)powertech(dot)no>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MySQL Gemini code
Date: 2001-07-19 15:14:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael> Please note that we NEVER have asked NuSphere to sign
Michael> over copyright of Gemini to us. We do it only for the
Michael> core server, and this is actually not an uncommon thing
Michael> among open source companies. For example QT (Trolltech)
Michael> and Ximian (a lot of gnome applications) does the same
Michael> thing. Assigning over the code is also something that
Michael> FSF requires for all code contributions. If you
Michael> criticize us at MySQL AB, you should also criticize the
Michael> above.

And Redhat (who are obviously pro Open Source) does this with Cygwin,

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.