Re: Interactive docs idea

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Greg Stark" <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Interactive docs idea
Date: 2005-04-14 17:39:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:

> We can get from 2 - 10 a day I would guess. They get mailed to a closed
> list for moderation.

Uhm, then where are they?

The comments in the PHP docs, while they contain a lot of garbage also contain
a lot of helpful tips and warnings. There's hardly any in the Postgres docs.

I think the idea of moderating the comments is inherently flawed. You can
either have the deliberate, planned documentation without the comments, or you
can have the wild-west style comments system, but trying to have it both ways
is impossible. It just leads to the current situation where the comments are
moribund.

--
greg