Re: ADD/DROP INHERITS

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)MIT(dot)EDU>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ADD/DROP INHERITS
Date: 2006-06-08 13:45:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I can't find any standard api to remove a single specific dependency. It seems
normally dependencies are only removed when dropping objects via
performDeletion.

Should I just put a scan of pg_depend in ATExecDropInherits or should I add a
new function to pg_depend or somewhere else to handle deleting a specific
dependency?

The only way I can see to implement it is kind of gross. It would have to do
the same scan deleteDependencyRecordsFor does and add an explicit check on
each loop to see if it matches the referenced class/object.

--
greg