Re: pg_dumpall does not save CREATE permission on databases

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Paul Tillotson <ptchristendom(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall does not save CREATE permission on databases
Date: 2003-11-21 02:09:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> writes:
>> If not, we needn't worry about it, IMHO. But if there are, I can
>> take a look at producing a low-risk version of this changed for
>> application to REL7_3_STABLE.
>
> Go for it.

Just FYI, I'm really busy with various other things, so I'm not going
to get time to tackle this any time soon. FWIW, I briefly looked at
the original diff, and it doesn't seem trivial to extract a low-risk
version of the change for backpatching. If someone feels strongly this
needs to make it into 7.3.5, speak up, and/or please backpatch it
yourself; otherwise, don't hold up 7.3.5 for it.

-Neil