revised patch for PL/PgSQL table functions

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: revised patch for PL/PgSQL table functions
Date: 2002-08-25 23:57:47
Lists: pgsql-patches

This is an improved version of the PL/PgSQL table function
patch. Since the last patch, I've implemented support for returning
ROWTYPE variables and scalar expressions under RETURN NEXT, changed
the grammar a little bit, and added some regression tests.

Remaining to be done:

- write the documentation, add a few more regression tests

- fix the grammar: I'm still using the 'NEXT' hack instead of
'RETURN NEXT'. It may also be better to use 'RETURN xxx AND
RESUME' instead.

- memory management: stop using TopTransactionContext. This
isn't that urgent, IMHO.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql-srf-25.patch text/x-patch 38.7 KB