Re: [INTERFACES] ORB API

From: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ORB API
Date: 1998-11-16 05:13:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Taral" <taral(at)cyberjunkie(dot)com> writes:

> It appears that the C/C++ API for ORBs is very well defined. However they
> are (especially in the case of pseudo-objects) not simply related. If we are
> to support multiple ORBs, we will have to have a C to C++ thunking layer
> somewhere...

I'd suggest to support only one CORBA implementation in the PostgreSQL
itself. It's IIOP that supposed to let different implementations to
interoperate.

I believe that ORBit is the best candidate, though it's not yet
complete and its ability to interoperate with other implementations
is to be proven. But unlike others it doesn't require egcs or
OS thread support (omniORB). It is intended for real work, not
for education (mico). It is in active development wich we can
join to.

Aleksey

--
Aleksey Demakov