Verbosity of Function Return Type Checks

From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Verbosity of Function Return Type Checks
Date: 2008-08-08 12:00:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Yesterday I needed to fiddle with PostgreSQL internals to be able to
debug a PL/pgSQL procedure returning a set of records. I attached the
patch I used to increase the verbosity of error messages related with
function return type checks. I'll be appreciated if any developer could
commit this patch (or a similar one) into the core.

Regards.

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql_validate_tupdesc_compat.diff text/x-diff 3.8 KB