Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)

From: Alex Shulgin <ash(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
Date: 2012-01-19 17:59:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com> writes:

> One unicorn I would like to have here would give the CF app a database
> of recent e-mails to pgsql-hackers.  I login to the CF app, click on
> "Add recent submission", and anything matching my e-mail address
> appears with a checkbox next to it.  Click on the patch submissions,
> and then something like you described would happen.  That would save
> me the annoying work around looking up message IDs so much.

Another idea: introduce some simple tag system in mails sent to -hackers
to be treated specially, e.g:

@fest add-to-current

to add new patch to the commit fest currently in progress, or

@fest add-to-next

to add it to the next scheduled fest.

Attribute your mail with

@fest comment COMMENT TEXT

or

@fest comment <<EOF
EOF

to add a (long) comment, ditto for "patch" and "review".

How does that sound?

--
Alex