cleanup execTuples.c

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cleanup execTuples.c
Date: 2003-11-20 02:53:29
Lists: pgsql-patches

This patch refactors execTuples.c in two ways:

(1) ExecInitXXXResultTupleSlot() used a macro to avoid some
duplicated code, whereas calling ExecInitExtraTupleSlot() would
make the code more clear.

(2) ExecTypeFromTL() and ExecCleanTypeFromTL() duplicated a bunch
of code; I added a new function ExecTypeFromTLInternal() and
re-implemented these functions in terms of calls to it.

As a result, ExecInitScanTupleSlot(), ExecInitResultTupleSlot(),
ExecTypeFromTL(), and ExecCleanTypeFromTL() are now all trivial
(1 line) functions. I could have replaced these with macros, but I
didn't: does anyone thinks that would be worth doing?

-Neil

Attachment Content-Type Size
exec-tuples-cleanup-1.patch text/x-patch 4.6 KB