Authentication troubleshooting using psql

From: Tahir Tamba <tamba(dot)tahir(at)courrier(dot)uqam(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Authentication troubleshooting using psql
Date: 2006-05-23 17:36:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Guys,

I install Postgres 8.1.3 on WinXP Pro OS using msi.exe. Using Postgres with PGAdmin III, everything works well. But when I'm trying to use the psql terminal interface to connect into my database psql ask me to enter my password and when trying to enter my password, nothing happens from my keyboard.
Exemple : postgres=# \connectdb postgres
Password for postgres user: unable to type my password cursor doesn't work
And when I press Enter tab I get the following error:
"FATAL: password authentication failed for user Postgres

who can help me to solve this
Thank

Tahir Tamba

Attachment Content-Type Size