Re: global.bki vs template1.bki init files

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: global.bki vs template1.bki init files
Date: 2001-06-12 14:54:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Somehow I got marked down for this but I actually thought the split was
> useful. One reason was that you could restore template1 individually
> (which hasn't worked for a while).

If it ever did, which seems doubtful given the way build_indices works;
there's no way to build only a subset of the existent indices.

Anyway, we have a superior solution for that problem now: you can delete
template1 and clone it from template0. (Yes, that actually works...
at least it does if you have another database you can connect to while
issuing the DROP DATABASE and CREATE DATABASE commands...)