Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load

From: Jennifer Trey <jennifer(dot)trey(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: BRUSSER Michael <Michael(dot)BRUSSER(at)3ds(dot)com>
Cc: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>, gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load
Date: 2009-06-03 21:46:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hmm.. I doesn't look it made it to the mailing list. I guess you can't
attach a file then.----
Finally!
I did use the programs suggested by Michael, but I actually found it a
little before you wrote :P

Filtering out with the pid showed that it was the file
pgdata/global/pgstat.tmp

See the attached image. ( see this link instead :
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=52e73n&s=5 )

The file is being written to / replaced and closed. The size of that file is
around 57kb which was reported earlier as well.

The file contains just allot of stange tokens and letters. What is used for?

/ Jennifer