Default not triggering

From: lbottorff(at)harveycounty(dot)com
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Default not triggering
Date: 2001-02-26 17:41:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'd like to do a copy of a text file into a table. I follow the procedure and it
works fine, except default values for empty fields are never enacted. I have a
timestamp field which uses "DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP". It never gets fired
during a "copy from...", although it works fine for "insert into..." Is there
any way to have copy respect/respond to my defaults?

LB