Need full search text on a shared hosting web site using 8.1.x

From: Raymond Rodgers <sinful622(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need full search text on a shared hosting web site using 8.1.x
Date: 2009-11-16 18:30:40
Lists: pgsql-general

I just signed up for web hosting with HostNine which offers PostgreSQL
8.1.x, which doesn't have the full text search support in the default
installl. I requested that they run the tsearch2.sql from the contributed
files on the server to provide me with those capabilities since I don't have
super user access to the database server, but they just denied my request.
Are there any work arounds to provide this support or something similar
within PostgreSQL? I'd hate to have to cobble together an inferior basic
search capability in PHP if I didn't have to...

Thank you,
Raymond