Re: ALTER Bigserial error

From: "Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS(dot)LITTLE(at)orbitz(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ALTER Bigserial error
Date: 2010-04-26 18:59:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the response tom,
I agree it's more of an missing feature.
Regarding the concensus for direction. I'd like to see the product move in the direction of the sql standard.
Overloading types with macro's probably wasn't a good idea, since it leads people like me astray.

Maybe the doc can be strengthened to include your review.
Thanks for the help.

Doug