Re: pgAdmin/ODBC errors.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Contejean, TiJana'" <tijana(dot)contejean(at)wcg(dot)com>, "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin/ODBC errors.
Date: 2001-08-31 07:13:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Yes, this is the most probably cause of the error. The ftp site is usually
very busy, so I suggest you try a mirror such as
http://sunsite.org.uk/Mirrors/ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/. In your case, as
you have the Microsoft Installer, I would suggest you download and install
the latest 'msi' release (07.01.0006) of the driver.

Once installed, from the ODBC Driver Manager (found in the control panel),
create a new System or User Datasource using the PostgreSQL driver. You will
need to make sure that *both* Read-Only options are switched off, and that
Recognize Unique Indexes, OID Options -> Show Column and OID Options -> Fake
Index are all selected.

Once you done this, you can start pgAdmin, select your new DSN from the
combo box, enter your username/password and logon.

Regards, Dave.