pgAgent problems

From: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAgent problems
Date: 2006-04-05 18:18:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am having problems with pgAgent.
I installed the seervice with the following command:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin\pgAgent" INSTALL pgAgent -u postgres -p postgres -t 60 hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=postgres user=postgres

In the services, the path to executable is set as follows:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin\pgAgent RUN pgAgent -t 60 hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=postgres user=postgres

The directory where pgAgent is located is not on the path.

I scheduled a job - everything looks correct.
The job shows up as scheduled for the next execution time.
I checked the pgagent schema in the postgres database (which is the one specified in the connection), and I see the job, steps, etc.

The information for the job is as follows:
Name: ishield - calculate control limits
ID: 2
Enabled: yes
Host Agent: left blank
Job Class: Data Summarisation
Created: 4/5/2006 10:06:26 AM
Changed: 4/5/2006 10:06:26 AM
Next run: 4/5/2006 12:00:00 PM
Last Run: blank
Last result: unknown
Running at: Not Currently Running
Comment:

This job should have run at 12. It is already past the scheduled time and the job has not run.
Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.
The windows event log shows the service as having started successfully, but I see no additional logging.

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin