restricting identd to just the loopback adapter.

From: jerry(dot)nospam(at)theashergroup(dot)com (Jerry Asher)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: restricting identd to just the loopback adapter.
Date: 2003-01-27 05:48:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have installed running pg 7.2, and it apparently would like to have
an identd server to help it establish who is who.

I installed pidentd from the red hat 8.0 distribution and started it
up but, but looking over the conf files, there is apparently no way to
restrict identd to listening/binding only to the localhost adapter.

Can you folks help?

How do I make identd bind only to the loopback adapter?

Thank you,

Jerry Asher