Re: disappearing tables

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: paul(at)entropia(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: disappearing tables
Date: 2002-08-14 15:04:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

"paul butler" <paul(at)entropia(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I've just pg_dumped a database (data and description from version
> 7.13 and loaded into a blank local database ( I'm using cygwin ,
> pg7.2) using psql \i. I've got php pages accessing it and everything
> is sweet, however in psql I can't view some of the tables, after a
> select I get is:
> less: not found

You evidently don't have the "less" program installed. If you have
"more", try setting PAGER in psql's environment to "more". Else turn
off the output-pager function with \pset. See the psql man page for
more details.

> Also when I try to drop and create under the same name, I get the
> original dbase back. eg
> Drop database wage;
> Create database wage;
> Returns the dropped database, not a blank one.

Sounds to me like you imported everything into template1. That was a
bad idea. You can recover from this, see
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/pgsqladventuresep1.php
but if you don't have anything critical stored yet it might be easier
to initdb and start over.