slony1 replication question

From: SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH <sharmi_jo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: slony1 replication question
Date: 2007-12-12 15:41:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I need some help with slony...

I read the slony manual and tried to replicate the database as given in this... http://www.slony.info/documentation/firstdb.html

These are the steps that I did.
1. set the shell variables like clustername,masterdbname etc thro export command
2. created a user 'josh' with 'somepassword'
3. createdb -O $PGBENCHUSER -h $MASTERHOST $MASTERDBNAME

createdb -O $PGBENCHUSER -h $SLAVEHOST $SLAVEDBNAME
pgbench -i -s 1 -U $PGBENCHUSER -h $MASTERHOST $MASTERDBNAME
4.createlang -h $MASTERHOST plpgsql $MASTERDBNAME
5.pg_dump -s -U $REPLICATIONUSER -h $MASTERHOST $MASTERDBNAME | psql -U $REPLICATIONUSER -h $SLAVEHOST $SLAVEDBNAME

6. pgbench -s 1 -c 5 -t 1000 -U $PGBENCHUSER -h $MASTERHOST $MASTERDBNAME

7.
slony1 was configured using --perltools option. I copied
slon_tools.conf-sample to slon_tools.conf and placed it in the /etc
dir. This is my conf file (deleted the commented lines here for
clarity)

if ($ENV{"SLONYNODES"}) {
require $ENV{"SLONYNODES"};
} else {

$CLUSTER_NAME = 'slony_example';

$LOGDIR = 'export/home/josh/slony1';

$MASTERNODE = 1;

add_node(node => 1,
host => 'localhost',
dbname => 'pgbench',
port => 5432,
user => 'josh',

password => 'somepassword');

add_node(node => 2,
host => 'localhost',
dbname => 'pgbenchslave',
port => 5432,

user => 'josh',
password => 'somepassword');
}
$SLONY_SETS = {
"set1" => {
"set_id" => 1,
"table_id" => 1,

"sequence_id" => 1,
"pkeyedtables" => [
'accounts',
'tellers',
'branches',

],
"serialtables" => ["history"],
},
};
if ($ENV{"SLONYSET"}) {
require $ENV{"SLONYSET"};
}
1;

8. slonik_init_cluster | slonik
<stdin>:10: Set up replication nodes
<stdin>:13: Next: configure paths for each node/origin
<stdin>:16: Replication nodes prepared
<stdin>:17: Please start a slon replication daemon for each node

9. slon_start 1
Slon successfully started for cluster slony_example, node node1
Start the watchdog process as well...

10.slon_start 2
Slon successfully started for cluster slony_example, node node2

PID [16697]
Start the watchdog process as well...

11. slonik_create_set 1
cluster name = slony_example;
echo 'All tables added';

12. slonik_subscribe_set 1 2 | slonik

<stdin>:4: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_slony_example".subscribeSet(1, 1, 2, 't'); - ERROR: Slony-I: subscribeSet(): set 1 not found

What is this error? What am I doing wrong here? When i check the pgbenchslave database, the table rows are not replicated?

Please advice
Thanks
josh

Looking for last minute shopping deals?